Looks like the run up to the 2008 festive season is going to be quite a busy one with some good interactive titles planned for release on the Xbox 360 platform. Its great that there should be a game for every member of the family. I’m personally keen to try out Lips and the new Scene It trivia game as I know how much fun Singstar and Buzz were on the PS2 platform.
Here is the South African press release:
LEIPZIG, Germany 20th August 2008 – During this year’s Games Convention at Leipzig, Germany, Xbox 360 presented its forthcoming range of entertainment offerings. The visitors of Europe’s biggest fair for PC- and video games were shown a unique range of titles, and Xbox 360 was once again able to underscore its leadership role in the field of digital entertainment.
Blockbusters for both the whole family and committed gamers – the 2008 lineup
Xbox 360 offers a broad range of entertainment. From now through to Christmas and beyond you can expect a top-class line-up of titles that offer the perfect games for everyone’s taste and interests. The highlights are:
· Lips (iNis / Microsoft Game Studios): Exclusively on Xbox 360, Lips will be released in November and offers unique new music features. Lips will come with numerous localised tracks, with new songs by national and international artists being added on a regular basis. But that is only just the start: For Lips is the first game that allows players to sing from their own music collections. Players become stars at every party with the help of the motion sensitive microphones, which reward high-impact performances. Developed by Keiichi Yano of Gitaroo Man fame, Lips takes a totally new approach when developing this music game. Available for Christmas 2008
· Fable II (Lionhead Studios / Microsoft Game Studios): Peter Molyneux’ most recent opus is one of the most anticipated games of the year 2008. It will offer an unequalled level of freedom of choice and create a new gaming experience. Every decision has an immediate impact on the fate of the hero and his surrounding world. The game’s role playing experience has also been enriched further by a co-op mode: gamers can play with friends either sitting together on the sofa. The game will be available in Europe from the 24th October.
· Too Human (Silicon Knights/ Microsoft Game Studios): With Too Human, fans can expect an epic action game with several RPG elements. A fantastic story, in-depth character design and an extraordinary technical level underlines the reputation that precedes Silicon Knights. After almost ten years of development, the long expected sci-fi-epic will be available from the 29th of August – exclusively for Xbox360.
· You’re in the Movies (Codemasters/ Microsoft): Become a movie star with You’re in the Movies: gamers are filmed acting out film roles, from a kung-fu fighter to a zombie using the Xbox Live Vision camera. You’re In The Movies is the first game that allows you to become part of a movie and the result is different every time. Available from November 2008.
· Scene It? Box Office Smash (Krome Studios and Screenlife/ Microsoft Games Studios): Scene It? Box Office Smash is the second Xbox 360 instalment of the popular movie quiz. Totally new questions, puzzles and many movie clips in HD quality ensure a party atmosphere. Available from November 2008.
· Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (Rare Ltd./ Microsoft Game Studios): Two of the most popular video games ever are back – exclusively on Xbox 360. From the developers of Rare comes Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, an innovative action adventure. Players are given plenty of material to design their own vehicles, and also get to choose how Banjo and his friend Kazooie overcome obstacles which come their way.
· Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise (Rare Ltd./ Microsoft Game Studios): From early September, players can leave the boundaries of their gardens and discover the whole new world of the Piñatas. In two new regions, the arctic and the desert, new and unknown animals are hiding. Designed by Rare, Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise is a colourful entertainment experience for the whole family. Up to four players can create their gardens simultaneously or compete in the talent show P-Factor. Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise will be released on the 5th September.
Source: South African press release. For the US press release see Xbox Press