The Silverlight SDK blog has an overview of what new features to expect from the Silverlight 2 beta 2 release coming this week.
Highlights for me include:
- DataGrid improvements: Autosize, Reorder, Sort, Performance increase, and more
- Improved Templating Model: Visual State Manager
- Including controls in the runtime instead of having them packaged in app package
- Limited keyboard support in FullScreen mode (arrow, tab, enter, home, end, pageup/pagedown, space) – This opens up Silverlight 2 for gaming.
- Cross Domain support in Sockets
- Cross Domain security enhancements
- BrowserHttpWebRequest and WebClient callable from BackGround Threads
- Duplex communications (“push” from Server to Silverlight client)
- Significantly improved SOAP interop
- ADO.NET Data Services support
- Changes in application model for multilingual apps (one xap per supported locale)
- CurrentCulture and CurrentUICulture Isolation
This looks like its going to be an awesome new beta.
One thought on “What’s New in Silverlight 2 beta 2”
Comments are closed.